RSS on Wednesday filed a complaint against Rahul Gandhi in a Maharashtra court over his remarks linking the saffron organisation to the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi.
The criminal complaint was filed by Rajesh Kunte, Secretary of RSS unit at Bhiwandi, a powerloom town near here.
Addressing a rally at Sonale in Bhiwandi on March 6, Rahul had said, “RSS people killed Gandhiji.”
In his complaint to the court, Kunte said the remarks were defamatory and sought action against the Congress leader.
BJP has already moved the Election Commission against the Congress Vice President.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“I registered a criminal complaint against Rahul Gandhi with the First Class Magistrate Court at Bhiwandi. Through his speech, he has harmed the reputation of our organisation. The remarks were made with an ulterior motive,” Kunte told PTI.
“His allegation, that RSS men killed Mahatma Gandhi, was against the judicial verdict in the case. This is a
deliberate attempt for electoral gains,” he alleged.
The court is likely to hear the matter on March 27.