BJP on Sunday said RSS has no role in government formation and sought to downplay the ongoing hectic parleys and thronging of its senior leaders to the Sangh
headquarters here, holding that its leadership is competent enough to take its decisions.
Former BJP president Venkaiah Naidu said RSS is a social organisation which only talks on matters of national interest and the BJP leadership is competent enough to take decisions on government formation after consultations among themselves.
His reply came amid hectic political activity and BJP leaders making a beeline for “Keshav Kunj”, the RSS headquarters in the national capital. Naidu also played down his and other leaders’ meetings with RSS leaders, terming them as “routine”.
“The question does not arise. The Sangh never interferes in such matters,” he said, when asked if RSS has a role in the government formation.
Naidu, who was coming out after meeting RSS general secretary and second in command in the Sangh, said he has been a former president of the party and he is saying so with his own experience that RSS never interferes in matters of Cabinet or government formation.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“We are swayamsevaks. We come here to Sangh headquarters to meet our seniors. That is part of our life. There is nothing big about it,” he said. “This is a task of the BJP, and its leadership is competent enough to take its decisions after consultations among themselves,” the BJP leader said while refusing to entertain any further questions on Cabinet formation.