BJP on Sunday said RSS has no role in government formation and sought to downplay the ongoing hectic parleys and thronging of its senior leaders to the Sangh
headquarters here, holding that its leadership is competent enough to take its decisions.
Former BJP president Venkaiah Naidu said RSS is a social organisation which only talks on matters of national interest and the BJP leadership is competent enough to take decisions on government formation after consultations among themselves.
His reply came amid hectic political activity and BJP leaders making a beeline for “Keshav Kunj”, the RSS headquarters in the national capital. Naidu also played down his and other leaders’ meetings with RSS leaders, terming them as “routine”.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“The question does not arise. The Sangh never interferes in such matters,” he said, when asked if RSS has a role in the government formation.
Naidu, who was coming out after meeting RSS general secretary and second in command in the Sangh, said he has been a former president of the party and he is saying so with his own experience that RSS never interferes in matters of Cabinet or government formation.
“We are swayamsevaks. We come here to Sangh headquarters to meet our seniors. That is part of our life. There is nothing big about it,” he said. “This is a task of the BJP, and its leadership is competent enough to take its decisions after consultations among themselves,” the BJP leader said while refusing to entertain any further questions on Cabinet formation.