The Kerala unit of Revolutionary Socialist Party, a partner of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) at national level, on Saturday decided to quit from the Left Democratic Front, and field its own candidate in Kollam Lok Sabha seat in protest against the denial of the seat.
RSP state secretary A.A Aziz said the CPI (M) has adopted the strategy to weaken the RSP. “Our party will not be part of the LDF. We had demanded to give back the Kollam seat, which the CPI (M) wrested from the party in the past. The LDF has been reduced to CPI (M) and CPI. They had shared the 20 seats among themselves. The CPI (M) has not invited us for bilateral talks. The RSP cannot continue in the LDF in such humiliation,” said Aziz.
He said the party would field former state minister N.K Premachandran in Kollam against CPI (M)’s politburo member M.A Baby. The decision to go alone in the election was ratified by the state committee and the secretariat of the party, he said.
Aziz said that the party would hold discussions with the Congress-led United Democratic Front on Sunday.
“We would take support from any quarters, including the UDF. If the situation is conducive, we would think about going to the UDF. In the bipolar politics of Kerala, RSP would be in one of the planks,” said Aziz.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Kollam Lok Sabha seat had been held by the RSP in the past. However, the CPI (M) wrested it back in 1999 citing the split the party suffered. At present, a faction of the RSP is with the UDF.