The Congress party on Sunday dismissed BJP’s allegations of corruption against party president Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra saying it was an “act of desperation” by the opposition party which was “panicked” by Priyanka Gandhi’s campaign in Rae Bareli and Amethi.
Congress spokesperson Ajay Maken said the allegations have already been rejected by various courts of the country and accused BJP of raising the issue out of desperation.
“The BJP is panicking due to Priyanka Gandhi Vadra’s campaign in Rae Bareli and Amethi. These are old baseless allegations regurgitated at election time as a cheap political stunt by BJP, an act of desperation,” he said.
Terming the charges as “baseless”, another Congress spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi said they have been raised in the High Court and Supreme Court and were rejected there.
In a similar statement, Union Minister Rajiv Shukla said: “The BJP is in the habit of making baseless allegations against the Gandhi family during elections. There are many kith and kins and sons and daughters of BJP leaders doing business and running companies. Ravi Shankar Prasad does not
bring out booklets on them,” he said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Shukla alleged that two national BJP leaders who used to ride two-wheelers now run huge businesses.
“So, why no booklets on them. There is no violation of land ceiling. Stamp duties have been paid and no loan has been taken from Corporation Bank. These are allegations to take political advantage,” he said.
BJP on Sunday brought out a video and a booklet on alleged land deals of Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law by terming it as ‘Robert Vadra model of development’.
Alleging that the ‘model’ became successful due to the patronage provided by the Gandhi family to Vadra, BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said, “There was gross violation of laws relating to land and environment. The influence of the family helped make Vadra big earnings in the deals.”
The six-page booklet titled ‘Damad (son-in-law) Shree’ refers to the alleged deals of Vadra in Rajasthan and Haryana.
The nearly 8-minute documentary seeks to show how Vadra was allegedly helped in his business deals by the Gandhi family using their clout.