RJD and JD(U) on Monday staged a demonstration in front of Vidhan Sabha demanding BJP to apologise for its Haryana leader OP Dhankad’s remarks who had suggested that Haryana youths will be married to Bihar girls to stabilise the skewed sex ratio in the state.
The two parties, set to strike an alliance for the coming Assembly bypolls, said the BJP leader had “insulted Bihar girls by derogatory remarks”.
RJD MLA Bhai Dinesh later came to Vidhan Sabha with a set of bangles and joined chorus of protest against BJP for trying to defend Dhankad, who had assured Haryana youths to get girls from Bihar.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Meanwhile, BJP legislature party leader Sushil Kumar Modi, who had defended Dhankad’s remarks, said the state government should set up a high-level committee to probe alleged selling out of Bihar girls for marriage. Modi was speaking outside Vidhan Sabha.