Nine months after he was named an accused in Muzaffarnagar riots, and almost a week after he was made minister of state in the Narendra Modi Cabinet, Sanjeev Baliyan came here in a celebratory convoy.
Swagat Sabhas of close to 50 persons each, including BJP workers and local villagers, stood every 2 km to welcome the MoS, Agriculture and Food Processing, from Delhi to Muzaffarnagar on Friday. He was garlanded and often carried on shoulders to podiums to address the waiting crowds.
At each halt, Baliyan said the same thing: “I promise to be one of you despite being a minister. I’ve been given agriculture and food processing, where I will need your help. I know that this is not my win, but all of yours, and my office and home will always be open to each one of you.”
The announcer at Khatauli raised slogans of “Bharat Mata ki jai, Gau Mata ki jai” to rouse the crowd, while at Mansurpur, “Har Har Modi, Ghar Ghar Modi” filled the air. Baliyan was asked repeatedly to join the sloganeering, but he refrained. A source close to the BJP leader admitted, “It has been conveyed to the minister that he should do nothing that will bring up the riots. Therefore, he is avoiding saying anything on the matter and is concentrating on issues of farmers.”
Many in Baliyan’s convoy confessed surprise at his sudden rise. “There were many who were unhappy that he was chosen MP, but he silenced those doubts with the margin of his win (over 4 lakh votes). There should be no doubt though that he won because Hindus came together. A year ago, he was tending sick animals in Kutba. Now he is riding atop a BMW, with an Ambassador with a beacon in tow because he is a minister. He must never forget that.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
After results too, Baliyan had taken out a victory procession in Muzaffarnagar, ignoring prohibitory orders.