- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Nagpur: Returning Officers review preparations for poll counting
The Returning Officers of Nagpur and Ramtek Lok Sabha constituencies reviewed preparations for counting of votes to be held on Friday at Kalamna Agriculture Market for the just-concluded general elections.
Returning Officer Abhishek Krishna, accompanied by Deputy RO Pradeep Dange and other officials from Ramtek constituency, on Wednesday visited the venue for counting of votes.
The counting will take place in separate barracks in the market for each constituency. About 10,50,559 votes were polled in Nagpur and 10,85,021 in Ramtek constituency.
Commissioner of Police K K Pathak also reviewed the preparations and security arrangements. About 100 officers and 1,500 policemen will be deployed for the counting.