The Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly on Thursday adopted a resolution requesting the government to implement “in letter and spirit” all provisions of the AP Reorganisation Act-2014 relating to the progress and economic development of the state.
It also wanted the Centre to implement the assurances made in Parliament by then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at the earliest to “enable us to build the new Andhra Pradesh”.
Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu, after making a statement on location of the new capital for the state, moved the resolution in the Assembly.
“The Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly records its disapproval of the process adopted for bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh without adequate consultation with and concurrence of the major stakeholders and without proper onsideration for several adverse consequences.
“The Assembly affirms its abiding commitment to the well being of the people of Andhra Pradesh through accelerated and balanced development of the state.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The Assembly resolves to request the Government of India to take all measures required to create a level-playing field for the state by compensating for the disequilibrium created by bifurcation,” the resolution said.
“As the Council of Ministers decided that integrated and equitable development of the state can be best served by locating the capital city at a central place around Vijayawada, the Assembly requests the Centre to provide the resources required for the establishment of world-class capital city for the state of Andhra Pradesh,” it added.
The Assembly also resolved requesting the Centre to provide necessary financial and policy support for faster and equitable development of the state and take all necessary steps for completion of the Polavaram multi-purpose irrigation project within a period of four years.
The Assembly also urged the Centre to rectify the anomaly in allocating the number of seats in the AP Legislative Council and enhance the number to 58 in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution, the resolution added.