Nitish Kumar’s former ally BJP on Saturday said his resigning from the post of Bihar Chief Minister was aimed at ’emotionally blackmailing’ Janata Dal(U)’s rebellious MLAs.
“It’s an attempt to emotionally blackmail JD(U) MLAs majority of whom are in rebellious mood due to high-handedness of the chief minister,” former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said.
He alleged Kumar did not give any categorical reply when asked about what he would do if JD(U) MLAs in its Legislature Party meeting scheduled tomorrow asks him to continue to lead the government.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Kumar had enacted such drama in the past also when he resigned from Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led NDA government over Gaisal train accidents in 1999 to join the ministry again within a few months, Modi alleged.
Reacting to Kumar’s claim of having the people’s mandate for five years, Modi said it was not only for JD(U) but for the JD(U)-BJP coalition.
JD(U)’s crushing defeat in Lok Sabha elections for ‘betraying’ the mandate has proved this, Modi added.
The BJP leader attacked Kumar on his claims of high moral ground and ideology in politics saying “a person who is running the government with the help of Congress and CPI against whom he has fought all along and does not have any right to talk about ideology and principle.”