Repolling in two polling stations and polling in one booth was being held on Saturday in Longleng and Zunheboto districts of Nagaland.
Polling was being conducted at Ladaigarh Polling Station No 1 in Longleng district as people could not cast their votes due to “forcible occupation” of the polling station allegedly by Assam police on April 9.
Polling was arranged at Piching Nullah area in the village for the day, said Returning Officer Temjen Toy.
Moderate repolling has been reported from Akhakhu PS No 2 and Naltoqa PS No 25 in Zunheboto district.
Senior civil and police officials are camping in the area to oversee the conduct of the poll.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Adequate security has also been arranged in case of any eventuality, election office sources said.
Election Commission had ordered repoll in the two polling stations on May 8 following findings of the scrutiny committee that Akhakhu had cast 44 extra votes, while in Naltoqa, votes of 11 local people, who were on poll duty outside, were fraudulently cast by imposters, said the sources.