Repolling at 30 booths in Bihar passed off peacefully on Sunday with 57.3 per cent voters turning out to exercise their franchise.
The high turnout took place despite the poll time being reduced by three hours from the normal 7 AM – 6 PM schedule to 7 AM – 3 PM.
These polling stations were spread over Katihar, Banka and Supaul constituencies, which had gone to polls with four others — Purnia, Araria, Kishanganj and Bhagalpur – on April 24, during the third phase of general elections in the state.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The Election Commission had ordered repoll at these polling stations as the EVMs developed fault and could not be replaced on time.
“The voting at 22 polling stations in Katihar was the highest at 59 per cent, followed by 56.89 per cent at six polling stations in Banka and 56 per cent at two polling stations in Supaul,” Additional Chief Electoral Officer R Lakshmanan said.
The EC has appointed Sanjay Bhusreddy, a Uttar Pradesh cadre IAS officer of 1989 batch as special observer for Maharajganj and Saran Lok Sabha constituencies.
Two non-bailable warrants were issued against Maharajganj RJD candidate Prabhunath Singh last week after he violated the Model Code of Conduct and allegedly threatened the District Magistrate there.
Saran constituency is witnessing a direct contest between former Bihar Chief Minister and RJD candidate Rabri Devi and BJP General Secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy.
Assam sees high voter turnout:
Altogether 73.34 per cent polling was recorded during fresh polling in 15 polling stations today in Assam’s Kokrajhar, Gauhati, Nowgong and Mangaldoi Lok Sabha constituencies, Election Commission sources said.
The highest polling was recorded at Nowgong with 76.59 per cent in two polling stations followed by Kokrajhar with 76.41 per cent voting in nine polling stations, Mangaldoi with 72.05 per cent in one station and Gauhati with 68.33 per cent in three centres, EC sources said, adding, the repolling was ordered due to EVM malfunctioning.
Repolling was held at five polling stations in Gossaigaon Assembly constituency and four under Kokrajhar (West) in Kokrajhar LS seat, two under Gauhati West and one under Dispur in Gauhati LS seat, one each under Raha (SC) and Barhampur in Nowgong LS seat, besides one under Mazbat Assembly segment in Mangaldoi LS seat, EC sources said.