- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
Replace a useless and corrupt govt with a strong one at the centre: Modi
Taking on Congress, BJP’s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi on Wednesday said time has come to replace a “useless and corrupt” government at the Centre with a strong one.
At a “Bharat Vijay” rally here, he said during its 10-year rule, the UPA Government had done nothing for the common man and only indulged in rampant corruption.
Time has come to throw out a “useless and corrupt” government at the Centre and replace it with one that was strong, Modi said as he pitched for change in favour of a decisive leadership, a key poll plank of the saffron outfit.
Wooing young voters, expected to play an important role in the Lok Sabha election outcome, the BJP stalwart accused the Manmohan Singh government with neglecting people in the 18-28 age group in a big way.
This age group is always very important for a country but the UPA had done nothing for them, the Gujarat Chief Minister maintained.
BJP had come to power for three terms in succession in Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh only because the party worked assiduously for the welfare of people, he said.
Modi showered praise on Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for doing a lot to improve the life of people in the BJP-ruled State.