As the Gandhi family raised the pitch against Narendra Modi, BJP today hit back, saying their tirade reflects the “fear psychosis” that has gripped Congress as it is unable to accept the “harsh reality” that it is going to be reduced to a “two-digit” party.
“The guilt of having tried to implicate him (Modi) falsely for over twelve years has created a fear psychosis about Modi in the Congressmen’s minds.
“It is for this reason that the Gandhis are shrill to the extent of being illogical when it comes to any references made to Narendra Modi,” senior BJP leader and party’s candidate from Amritsar Lok Sabha seat Arun Jaitley said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He also took a dig at Congress leader Salman Khurshid for offering support to Third Front, saying he has “virtually accepted defeat” and stressed that “these manipulations are not likely to work”. He said the people will defeat not only Congress but also the “merchants of instability”.
Referring to attacks on Modi by Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, her son Rahul and daughter Priyanka, he said the Congress party is at odds. It is unable to accept the “harsh reality that it is going to be reduced to a two-digit party”.
“A two-digit party must reconcile to this reality and plan for the future. After all there is no last day in the calendar of politics,” he wrote on his blog.
He said a leopard never changes its spots. “The Congress Party feels that it was born to rule. It is unable to visualise another party or person in power, least of all Narendra Modi.”
On Khurshid’s offer to extend support to Third Front in forming the next government, Jaitley said “fortunately the projected figure in their case shows that even these manipulations are not likely to work.
“The electorate is now aware of these manipulative tendencies and is likely to deliver a decisive result. Those who toy with the idea of Third Front with Congress support are only reviving an idea which has repeatedly failed.”
He said such “non ideological combinations” formed purely for convenience can never deliver governance.
“There are many who rejoice the political instability. It is only then that they can claim some relevance. I am sure that the electorate is wise enough to defeat not only the Congress but also the “merchants of instability”, Jaitley wrote.