As the Gandhi family raised the pitch against Narendra Modi, BJP today hit back, saying their tirade reflects the “fear psychosis” that has gripped Congress as it is unable to accept the “harsh reality” that it is going to be reduced to a “two-digit” party.
“The guilt of having tried to implicate him (Modi) falsely for over twelve years has created a fear psychosis about Modi in the Congressmen’s minds.
“It is for this reason that the Gandhis are shrill to the extent of being illogical when it comes to any references made to Narendra Modi,” senior BJP leader and party’s candidate from Amritsar Lok Sabha seat Arun Jaitley said.
He also took a dig at Congress leader Salman Khurshid for offering support to Third Front, saying he has “virtually accepted defeat” and stressed that “these manipulations are not likely to work”. He said the people will defeat not only Congress but also the “merchants of instability”.
Referring to attacks on Modi by Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, her son Rahul and daughter Priyanka, he said the Congress party is at odds. It is unable to accept the “harsh reality that it is going to be reduced to a two-digit party”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“A two-digit party must reconcile to this reality and plan for the future. After all there is no last day in the calendar of politics,” he wrote on his blog.
He said a leopard never changes its spots. “The Congress Party feels that it was born to rule. It is unable to visualise another party or person in power, least of all Narendra Modi.”
On Khurshid’s offer to extend support to Third Front in forming the next government, Jaitley said “fortunately the projected figure in their case shows that even these manipulations are not likely to work.
“The electorate is now aware of these manipulative tendencies and is likely to deliver a decisive result. Those who toy with the idea of Third Front with Congress support are only reviving an idea which has repeatedly failed.”
He said such “non ideological combinations” formed purely for convenience can never deliver governance.
“There are many who rejoice the political instability. It is only then that they can claim some relevance. I am sure that the electorate is wise enough to defeat not only the Congress but also the “merchants of instability”, Jaitley wrote.