Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav said Saturday that the real battle in UP in the Lok Sabha elections will be between the SP and BJP.
“Remember it clearly, the real fight is between SP and BJP. We are the one fighting against communalism since Ayodhya days,” Mulayam said at the ‘Desh Banao Desh Bachao’ rally in Gorakhpur.
On the importance of the LS polls, Mulayam said, “You will never get such a good chance when the third front in which the SP is a major partner is getting majority. Even if we win 50 seats, no state can come close to us.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Mulayam also targeted Narendra Modi stating that he is pushing Sikhs away from Gujarat. “Sikhs have met me, Modi is pushing them away from Gujarat. BJP believes in division of country on religious lines. We believe in equality,” he said. “I am really thankful to you for braving the cold and drizzle. You have accepted the challenge of Modi who has lost to us in terms of crowds and also in development,” he added.
Mulayam also blamed the Congress over corruption and price rise. He alleged the Congress and the BJP were hand in glove over Telengana issue. “What happened in Parliament was their joint exercise. Both BJP and Congress leaders discussed it in Deputy Speaker’s chamber. The MPs who created ruckus had no choice as they have to show their face to their public and they do not want division of their state,” he said.
Meanwhile, Akhilesh highlighted achievements of the government and assuring to take care of medical problems of the Purvanchal region.