Congress General Secretary Digvijaya Singh, who has been nominated for the Rajya Sabha from Madhya Pradesh, has said he is ready to contest Lok Sabha election if his party wants him to do so.
“If my party wants, I am ready to contest Lok Sabha polls from any seat,” he told reporters here last night.
The Congress stalwart’s statement comes two days after AICC Secretary Sajjan Singh Verma questioned the high command’s decision to nominate Singh and some other senior party leaders to the Upper House of Parliament instead of making them fight the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
To a question, Singh said the scam involving Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) would be a major issue in the BJP-ruled State in the Lok Sabha polls.
Though the Shivraj Chouhan Government has refused to hand over the case to CBI, the Congress will take the matter to the court, the former Chief Minister said.
The scam came to light in July last year after irregularities were found in the conduct of Pre-Medical Test and in recruitment for various Government posts.
He said the sitting Congress MP from Rajgarh, Narayan Singh Amlabe, could be fielded again from the constituency but a final decision on the issue will be taken by the party.