- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Ready to contest against Modi from Varanasi if party wants: Digvijaya Singh
Congress leader Digvijay Singh has said he is ready to contest Lok Sabha election from Varanasi against Narendra Modi, if the party nominates him.
“I am willing to contest from Varanasi, but the party has to first give me ticket for contesting from there,” Digvijay told reporters at his residence.
There has been speculation that the Congress may field Singh against Modi from the temple city in Uttar Pradesh.
The Congress is looking to field a strong candidate against Modi while Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal has also decided to enter the electoral fray from Varanasi against the BJP PM candidate.