In a bid to assuage anti-division tempers in Seemandhra, where the Congress is staring at an electoral loss, Sonia Gandhi has asked party leaders from Telangana to reach out to the people of residual Andhra Pradesh.
While the Congress president extended an olive branch to the Seemandhra people the Congress’ rivals continued to attack Gandhi. YSR Congress chief Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy said he would meet President Pranab Mukherjee over the issue. “When we talk about a tyrant, we remember Hitler. The way Andhra Pradesh has been split, Sonia Gandhi too will be remembered as a tyrant,” he alleged.
Meanwhile, Sonia met leaders from the Telangana region.
She is learnt to have told them that now it is the turn of the people of Telangana to ensure that no injustice is done to the people from the Seemandhra. While the TRS kept the Congress guessing about its merger with it, Telangana leaders hoped the political development was in the offing.
BJP takes credit for special status to Seemandhra
The BJP on Friday sought to take credit for having ensured justice to the people of Seemandhra region even as it supported Telangana’s statehood in Parliament.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“It was because of the initiative by the BJP that we were able to achieve some amount of justice to Seemandhra,” former BJP president Venkaiah Naidu said.
The BJP highlighted that it used its “balance of power” position in Parliament to exact justice for Seemandhra region. Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said, “On the floor of the RS we were able to extract from the government the commitment that Seemandhra would get a special category status for five years, investments in Seemandhra would attract tax incentives on the lines made available to other states….”