Ending suspense over Ludhiana seat, Congress fielded sitting Anandpur Sahib MP, Ravneet Singh Bittu from Ludhiana Parliamentary constituency.
Bittu is the grandson of former Punjab chief minister Beant Singh. Bittu’s candidature for the seat came after Union minister Manish Tewari said a final no to contest the elections from Ludhiana.
Congress workers stated that Bittu will cover up the lost time and that Tewari had discouraged them a lot by taking too long in deciding that he will not be contesting this time.
“We are more than happy to welcome him. He is a local face and it is more a homecoming for him. Now Congress will be taking Akalis with a bang,” senior Congress leader KK Bawa said.
Varun Mehta, another Congressmen said, “We were sure of his ticket, so we had already planned so many meetings in advance.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
After Tewari’s denial, Ludhiana Congress had demanded a local face.
Bittu, is a two-time MP from Anandpur Sahib and his name was announced for Anandpur Sahib in the first list of Congress. However, a few days back, Ambika Soni replaced him and he was finally sent to Ludhiana.