Ending suspense over Ludhiana seat, Congress fielded sitting Anandpur Sahib MP, Ravneet Singh Bittu from Ludhiana Parliamentary constituency.
Bittu is the grandson of former Punjab chief minister Beant Singh. Bittu’s candidature for the seat came after Union minister Manish Tewari said a final no to contest the elections from Ludhiana.
Congress workers stated that Bittu will cover up the lost time and that Tewari had discouraged them a lot by taking too long in deciding that he will not be contesting this time.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We are more than happy to welcome him. He is a local face and it is more a homecoming for him. Now Congress will be taking Akalis with a bang,” senior Congress leader KK Bawa said.
Varun Mehta, another Congressmen said, “We were sure of his ticket, so we had already planned so many meetings in advance.”
After Tewari’s denial, Ludhiana Congress had demanded a local face.
Bittu, is a two-time MP from Anandpur Sahib and his name was announced for Anandpur Sahib in the first list of Congress. However, a few days back, Ambika Soni replaced him and he was finally sent to Ludhiana.