Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Babulal Gaur on Thursday landed in a controversy with his remarks that rape is sometimes wrong and sometimes right and that it is a social problem which no government can prevent.
Gaur, who is a former CM of Madhya Pradesh, said that no government can ensure rape is prevented and action can be taken only after the act, triggering angry reaction from Congress which said he has no right to continue in office.
“It is a social crime which depends on the man and the woman. It is sometimes right and sometimes wrong. Unless a complaint is filed, nothing happens,” he said. “It is not possible for any government to ensure that rape is not committed. Action can be taken only after the act is done,” he told reporters at his residence.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He said women should learn judo, karate to defend themselves. “Unless the person wants, no one can dare touch her. The item numbers in films create a bad environment,” Gaur said.