The LJP on Saturday declared its candidates for six of the seven seats it will contest in Bihar. Of the six candidates, three are members of party chief Ramvilas Paswan’s family.
While Ramvilas will contest from his traditional Hajipur seat that he lost to former CM and JD(U) leader Ramsunder Das, his son and party parliamentary board chairman Chirag Paswan will contest from the reserved seat of Jamui. Paswan’s younger brother and former MP Ramchandra Paswan with contest from the third reserved seat of Samastipur.
As expected, the party has fielded Vina Devi, wife of former Balia MP Suraj Bhan, from Munger, where the JD(U) may again field last time’s winner Rajiv Ranjan alias Lalan Singh. Bhan is one of the key leaders, who prompted LJP to severe ties with RJD, to ensure his wife gets a desired seat.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Another key LJP leader Ramakishore Singh will contest from Vaishali against current MP and RJD strongman Raghuvansh Prasad Singh. Satyanand Sharma, an OBC leader, will contest from Nalanda, CM Nitish Kumar’s pocket borough.
LJP has not announced its candidate for Khagaria and is waiting for the JD(U) to announce its candidate first.