- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
Ramkripal Yadav sings paeans to new ‘bhai’ Narendra Modi
Ramkripal Yadav, former close aide of RJD President Lalu Prasad and who joined the BJP, on Saturday said he would contest from Patliputra as “injustice” was done to him and sang paeans to Narendra Modi.
“I am fighting against injustice done to me,” Yadav, who was given BJP ticket, told reporters on his first visit to the BJP headquarters here.
Yadav was denied ticket from the seat by the RJD which went to the Lalu’s eldest daughter Misa Bharti. This led Yadav to cross over to the BJP.
“This is a fight for development and a strong government across the country and ‘bhai’ Narendra Modi is the choice of all people,” he said.
Highlighting Modi’s humble background and praising the BJP for nominating a person from the extremely backward class as its Prime Ministerial candidate, he also claimed to have sold milk in his childhood, like the BJP PM candidate.
Meanwhile, claiming that Yadav had “doomed” his political career by joining the BJP, the RJD President said he would not press for his resignation from the Rajya Sabha of which he was a member.
“The laid down rules will come into play. If technically he cannot continue as RJD member in Rajya Sabha, the Parliament will act appropriately… the party will not do anything against him,” Lalu said and criticised Yadav for calling Narendra Modi ‘bhai’.
At Hajipur, a bitter Rabri Devi said, “After his association with RSS, we will not like to have any relationship with him.”