Ramkripal Yadav, former close aide of RJD President Lalu Prasad and who joined the BJP, on Saturday said he would contest from Patliputra as “injustice” was done to him and sang paeans to Narendra Modi.
“I am fighting against injustice done to me,” Yadav, who was given BJP ticket, told reporters on his first visit to the BJP headquarters here.
Yadav was denied ticket from the seat by the RJD which went to the Lalu’s eldest daughter Misa Bharti. This led Yadav to cross over to the BJP.
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
“This is a fight for development and a strong government across the country and ‘bhai’ Narendra Modi is the choice of all people,” he said.
Highlighting Modi’s humble background and praising the BJP for nominating a person from the extremely backward class as its Prime Ministerial candidate, he also claimed to have sold milk in his childhood, like the BJP PM candidate.
Meanwhile, claiming that Yadav had “doomed” his political career by joining the BJP, the RJD President said he would not press for his resignation from the Rajya Sabha of which he was a member.
“The laid down rules will come into play. If technically he cannot continue as RJD member in Rajya Sabha, the Parliament will act appropriately… the party will not do anything against him,” Lalu said and criticised Yadav for calling Narendra Modi ‘bhai’.
At Hajipur, a bitter Rabri Devi said, “After his association with RSS, we will not like to have any relationship with him.”