A senior AAP leader today alleged that yoga guru Baba Ramdev was supporting BJP to avenge the treatment meted out to him by the Congress at Ramleela Maidan in 2011.
“Ramdevji has bowed down to (Narendra) Modi only to avenge the treatment meted out to him by Congress at Ramleela maidan,” Dinesh Waghela, National executive member of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), who was earlier associated with Baba Ramdev, said here today.
In a post midnight operation, Delhi police had cracked down on Baba Ramdev’s supporters at Ramleela Maidan in 2011, when the Yoga guru escaped the scene dressed as a woman.
Waghela was one of the main members of the Bharat Swabhimaan Trust (founded by Baba Ramdev) in Goa and had earlier shared stage with the Yoga Guru during his visit here.
The AAP leader said that the Baba Ramdev will repent soon about his stand in politics. “He has already started feeling it,” he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Waghela is contesting from Ahmedabad East constituency on AAP ticket for the April 30 Parliamentary polls.
He alleged that Modi is known for cutting the ladder which he uses to climb. “He will also cut the ladder of Ramdevji at some point of time,” the leader said.
Waghela said that he had joined Bharat Swabhimaan to change the system along with Baba Ramdev. “But, if someone has changed after that, it is Ramdevji,” he quipped.
“There is a change within him. But I still have high regards and respect for him as he was responsible for awaking the country,” Waghela commented.