A senior AAP leader today alleged that yoga guru Baba Ramdev was supporting BJP to avenge the treatment meted out to him by the Congress at Ramleela Maidan in 2011.
“Ramdevji has bowed down to (Narendra) Modi only to avenge the treatment meted out to him by Congress at Ramleela maidan,” Dinesh Waghela, National executive member of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), who was earlier associated with Baba Ramdev, said here today.
In a post midnight operation, Delhi police had cracked down on Baba Ramdev’s supporters at Ramleela Maidan in 2011, when the Yoga guru escaped the scene dressed as a woman.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Waghela was one of the main members of the Bharat Swabhimaan Trust (founded by Baba Ramdev) in Goa and had earlier shared stage with the Yoga Guru during his visit here.
The AAP leader said that the Baba Ramdev will repent soon about his stand in politics. “He has already started feeling it,” he said.
Waghela is contesting from Ahmedabad East constituency on AAP ticket for the April 30 Parliamentary polls.
He alleged that Modi is known for cutting the ladder which he uses to climb. “He will also cut the ladder of Ramdevji at some point of time,” the leader said.
Waghela said that he had joined Bharat Swabhimaan to change the system along with Baba Ramdev. “But, if someone has changed after that, it is Ramdevji,” he quipped.
“There is a change within him. But I still have high regards and respect for him as he was responsible for awaking the country,” Waghela commented.