Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Sunday sought to downplay his statement wherein he had chided BJP’s Alwar candidate Mahant Chandnath for discussing election funds when mics were on.
“I had made an ordinary statement saying it was not an issue to be discussed on that platform. He (Chandnath) said that money is (getting) seized. I said (that) this should not be discussed here,” Ramdev said responding to a query at a press conference here.
The conversation, prior to commencement of press meet in Alwar recently, had left Ramdev red faced as TV cameras caught him warning Chandnath not to talk about money when mics were on.
Ramdev, who is busy touring various parts of the country, mobilising support for BJP’s PM nominee Narendra Modi, said Congress will be reduced to 50 seats.
“Congress will get only 40-50 seats. There is not only a Modi wave, but a Modi storm which will make big trees fall…It is our dream that Modiji enters Parliament with the support of more than 300 MPs,” he added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Ramdev said, “Not only in the (history of) country but in the world history as well, a massive political change will be seen in this 2014 Lok Sabha elections and this will not be limited only to change of power.”
Responding to a query on the Congress president Sonia Gandhi addressing a rally in Amethi for the first time in a decade, he said, “Sonia Gandhi is emotionally blackmailing people saying she has dedicated her son to Amethi. Will people from Amethi believe in such things? There is no charisma of her son.”
The yoga guru also took a dig at AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal, alleging that his election campaign is funded by Congress.
“Kejriwalji is a ‘sadak-chaap’ person. From where is he getting crores of rupees? They are all funded by Congress. There are various NGOs who are trying to put roadblocks in the way of Modi’s bid to become prime minister,” he said.
To a query whether there is a wave in favour of Kejriwal, Ramdev said, “Kejriwal’s wave is on streets. He will remain as a sadak-chaap only. You will see him doing roadshows even after elections. He has lost his charisma in politics.”