Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Sunday sought to downplay his statement wherein he had chided BJP’s Alwar candidate Mahant Chandnath for discussing election funds when mics were on.
“I had made an ordinary statement saying it was not an issue to be discussed on that platform. He (Chandnath) said that money is (getting) seized. I said (that) this should not be discussed here,” Ramdev said responding to a query at a press conference here.
The conversation, prior to commencement of press meet in Alwar recently, had left Ramdev red faced as TV cameras caught him warning Chandnath not to talk about money when mics were on.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Ramdev, who is busy touring various parts of the country, mobilising support for BJP’s PM nominee Narendra Modi, said Congress will be reduced to 50 seats.
“Congress will get only 40-50 seats. There is not only a Modi wave, but a Modi storm which will make big trees fall…It is our dream that Modiji enters Parliament with the support of more than 300 MPs,” he added.
Ramdev said, “Not only in the (history of) country but in the world history as well, a massive political change will be seen in this 2014 Lok Sabha elections and this will not be limited only to change of power.”
Responding to a query on the Congress president Sonia Gandhi addressing a rally in Amethi for the first time in a decade, he said, “Sonia Gandhi is emotionally blackmailing people saying she has dedicated her son to Amethi. Will people from Amethi believe in such things? There is no charisma of her son.”
The yoga guru also took a dig at AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal, alleging that his election campaign is funded by Congress.
“Kejriwalji is a ‘sadak-chaap’ person. From where is he getting crores of rupees? They are all funded by Congress. There are various NGOs who are trying to put roadblocks in the way of Modi’s bid to become prime minister,” he said.
To a query whether there is a wave in favour of Kejriwal, Ramdev said, “Kejriwal’s wave is on streets. He will remain as a sadak-chaap only. You will see him doing roadshows even after elections. He has lost his charisma in politics.”