Yoga guru Ramdev Saturday defended controversial remarks by Narendra Modi’s close aide Amit Shah, saying he has only spoken of revenge against those who have looted the country for the last six decades by indulging in corruption.
“What wrong has Amit Shah said. For the last 67 years, those who have looted the country mercilessly by indulging in corruptions and scams and then he talks about change and revenge…definitely there is anger and dissatisfaction among the people of the country,” Ramdev said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
He was speaking to reporters after visiting the Rashtrapati Bhawan where he submitted a memorandum in which he demanded that freedom fighters Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev who laid their lives during the freedom struggle in 1931 be given the status of martyrs.
“With lot of disappointment, I say that people like Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev who sacrificed their lives for the freedom of our country have not been recognised and given the status of martyrdom by the Centre. Any independent and self respecting nation would be grateful to the bravehearts of its country,” Ramdev said.
He said names of those who sacrificed their lives for the country should be put on the memorial for martyrs at India Gate.
Ramdev also demanded that the brave soldiers who were part of Aazad Hind Fauj of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose should be included in the list of martyrs.
“The families of Tatiya Tope, Ram Prasad Bismil, Udham Singh and many others are leading a life of misery which is unfortunate,” Ramdev said.