Yoga guru Ramdev Saturday defended controversial remarks by Narendra Modi’s close aide Amit Shah, saying he has only spoken of revenge against those who have looted the country for the last six decades by indulging in corruption.
“What wrong has Amit Shah said. For the last 67 years, those who have looted the country mercilessly by indulging in corruptions and scams and then he talks about change and revenge…definitely there is anger and dissatisfaction among the people of the country,” Ramdev said.
He was speaking to reporters after visiting the Rashtrapati Bhawan where he submitted a memorandum in which he demanded that freedom fighters Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev who laid their lives during the freedom struggle in 1931 be given the status of martyrs.
“With lot of disappointment, I say that people like Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev who sacrificed their lives for the freedom of our country have not been recognised and given the status of martyrdom by the Centre. Any independent and self respecting nation would be grateful to the bravehearts of its country,” Ramdev said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
He said names of those who sacrificed their lives for the country should be put on the memorial for martyrs at India Gate.
Ramdev also demanded that the brave soldiers who were part of Aazad Hind Fauj of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose should be included in the list of martyrs.
“The families of Tatiya Tope, Ram Prasad Bismil, Udham Singh and many others are leading a life of misery which is unfortunate,” Ramdev said.