Yoga guru Ramdev on Tuesday made a veiled attack on Congress Chief Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul on the foreign origin issue.
“Those coming from outside are not always good. We have imported every thing. So are their progeny…,” Ramdev, who has been actively campaigning for Narendra Modi, said in the presence of the BJP prime ministerial candidate at the National Ayurvedic Summit organised by Gujarat government at Mahatma Mandir here.
“Local things are good. We promote local things. All of you understand this,” Ramdev said, without naming Sonia and Rahul.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Praising Modi’s leadership, Ramdev said, “Ram rajya will begin from 2014. In 2014, this Ayurveda will produce such an ‘amrit’ (ambrossia) that the future of both Narendra Bhai and Ayurveda will be bright.”
Accusing the Centre of giving stepmotherly treatment to Ayurveda, Ramdev alleged, “Union health ministry has become union allopathy ministry. 97 per cent of budget is allocated to allopathy and all other alternative medicines are given 3 per cent funds.”
He also repeated his promise to bring black money back to the country.
“We have to cure many of the diseases in this nation through Ayurveda only. Through the initiatives of Narendra bhai, India will get its due stature,” he said.
Ramdev’s close aide Balkrishna and state minister Parbat Patel were among those present in the event organised by state health and family welfare department.