- Don’t allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Prithviraj Chavan
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- Sushma keeps herself to MP, with little mention of Modi
- Bharti assaulted by ‘BJP supporters’
- Azam gets another notice from poll panel
- Arun Jaitley
- Arvind Kejriwal
- Narendra Modi
- Nitin Gadkari
- Palaniappan Chidambaram
- Parkash Singh Badal
- Rahul Gandhi
- Sonia Gandhi
- Sushma Swaraj
- Uddhav Thackeray
- Aam Aadmi Party
- Bharatiya Janata Party
- Bahujan Samaj Party
- Janata Dal (United)
- Samajwadi Party
- Shiv Sena
- Trinamool Congress
- Left Parties
Ram Vilas Paswan has no ideology, BJP-LJP alliance ‘unprincipled’: Nitish Kumar
Describing LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan as a leader who has proved that “there is nothing called ideology in politics”, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday termed the BJP-LJP alliance as “unprincipled”.
“This alliance has nothing to do with principles. This is strange but true,” Kumar said in his reaction on the BJP-LJP tie-up formed for the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections.
“Jaisi paristhiti vaisa nirnay vaisa rasta (The decision and the path have been chosen as per the situation),” he said in his caustic remarks.
Criticising Paswan, Kumar said that the LJP leader has made it clear that his (Paswan’s) words and deeds can’t be trusted.
” Whatever suits him as per circumstances he does it. There cannot be another such event and no second person in the country can do this,” the chief minister said.
Incidentally, the JD(U) leader and Ramvilas Paswan were in the same Cabinet of Atal Bihari Vajpyeee-led NDA government. But, the latter had walked out to protest Godhra riots of 2002.
The LJP joined hands with BJP last night for the ensuing general elections in Bihar. As per the deal, LJP has got seven out of 40 seats in the state while Paswan is tipped to fight from his traditional Hajipur seat.
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal targets BJP over attack on Bharti; Ilmi defends her ‘communal Muslim’ remark again
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Modi urges youngsters to vote; Medha Patkar alleges money distribution by parties
- It’s all out poster war in Ujjain
- Team Jaitley: Santoor maestro, cricketer, celebrities