After her miserable electoral debut in Lok Sabha elections, Bollywood starlet Rakhi Sawant on Saturday joined Ramdas Athawale-led RPI and said she would not hesitate to contest the upcoming assembly polls against MNS chief Raj Thackeray.
“I am scared of nobody,” she said when asked if she would throw her hat in the electoral ring against Raj Thackeray.
In a departure from Thackeray clan’s tradition of not contesting elections, the MNS chief had recently announced he would be in the fray in assembly polls due in October.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Sawant, who had polled barely 1,995 votes in her maiden tryst with electoral politics, contesting from Mumbai North-West seat as a candidate of ‘Rashtriya Aam Party’ founded by her just before the polls, was appointed chief of RPI(A)’s state women’s wing.
Announcing her induction into the party Athawale said, “Rakhi is a known face in every household. She is known not only in cities, but in villages as well. Her popularity will definitely help us in the forthcoming elections.”
“Rakhi is not only an actress, but an avid social worker too. We want to have more artistes in the party who believe in doing social work so that more and more people can relate to us,” he said.
Replying to a query, Athawale, whose party is one of the five constituents of ‘Mahayuti’, an alliance of five parties including Shiv Sena and BJP, said the actress could be fielded in the assembly polls.
“Rakhi hasn’t decided if she would like to be a candidate in the upcoming assembly elections. But if she decides to, we will talk to our allies and take a decision. If all goes well, her candidature is a possibility,” he said.
The 35-year-old actress said she can become chief minister one day.”Forgive me for saying this Athawale ji, but I can definitely become a CM in the future,” she said.
Sawant described her failed Lok Sabha bid as “rehearsal” and said she is now ready to campaign for RPI armed with experience.