- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Rajnath wonders why Lalu Prasad is afraid of Congress
BJP president Rajnath Singh on Thursday wondered why was RJD chief Lalu Prasad ‘afraid’ of Congress and still supporting it despite knowing that it was responsible for price rise and rampant corruption.
“Why are you afraid of Congress ? … Laluji knows fully well that if Congress gets angry at him then what will happen to him,” Singh said apparently referring to CBI cases against him in the fodder scam case while addressing an election rally here.
Prasad, he said, continues to stick to Congress despite knowing that it is responsible for rise of prices of essential commodities and promoted rampant corruption.
A strong government was needed for a strong country. “Sher ka kaleja chahiye desh ko majbooti se chalane ke liye (you need to have heart of a lion to run the country with a strong hand),” he added.
Muzaffarpur Lok Sabha seat will go to the hustings in the fifth phase on May 7.