BJP President Rajnath Singh on Wednesday slammed the UPA government at the Centre for being corrupt and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi for mentioning central funds provided to Odisha.
“The money (in Odisha) is not being spent from anyone’s pocket … The state is getting what is due to it,” he said adding the inflation in the country was due to the ‘flood of corruption’ by UPA and promised to punish the culprits if voted to power.
“Unprecedented price rise is caused by large-scale corruption amounting to Rs 5.5 lakh crore during the UPA … The country saw a flood of corruption during UPA rule,” he told a poll rally at Bhawanipatna in Kalahandi district.
People face inflation whenever Congress comes to power due to corruption and financial irregularities and the 55 years that the party ruled the country since Independence had proved to be disastrous for it, he said at another poll rally at Kotpad under Nawarangpur Lok Sabha seat.
On the contrary there was not a single instance of corruption during the 6-year NDA rule under Atal Bihari Vajpayee, he claimed adding inflation was kept under control and prices of commodities were not allowed to soar.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Referring to Odisha, Singh said the 14-year misrule by BJD had hit the state hard and it would have developed and prospered had the huge volume of money involved in corruption been spent for its progress. “People are bound to suffer when rulers become corrupt.”
During the 14-year BJD rule Odisha witnessed the huge mining scam involving Rs 60,000 crore, while corruption in MGNREGA was to the tune of Rs 600 crore.
“If BJP comes to power it will ensure that culprits in corruption cases are punished,” he said. The BJP president branded the UPA government at the Centre as being ‘extremely weak’ and said Pakistan army was intruding into the country’s territory and killing its soldiers and China was staking claim over Indian territory.
If BJP is voted to power, it will restore the country’s pride and dignity by giving a befitting reply to those challenging the country’s sovereignty, Singh said.
Criticising BJD, an erstwhile ally, Singh said the law and order situation in Odisha had deteriorated and the state was witnessing murders, kidnappings, dacoities and crimes against women everyday.
No proper step was taken for procurement of paddy at remunerative prices from farmers and there has been largescale migration, particularly from Kalahandi and nearby areas of Odisha due to lack of employment opportunities. Those migrating elsewhere in search of jobs are also subjected to exploitation of different kinds, he said adding if BJP comes to power it would ensure employment for youths and minimum daily wage from Rs 180 to Rs 200.
Singh claimed that as per a recent survey 30 per cent of Odisha’s population were in favour of BJP coming to power. If the party is given the opportunity to be in power for 10 years it would bring in ‘revolutionary changes and complete transformation’ and ensure that no one is left poor, the BJP president said.