Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh Saturday said that the BJP-led NDA government would rise above party politics and cooperate with all states, including Uttar Pradesh, on development.
“We have assured UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav that the Centre will extend full cooperation and support in developmet of the state,” Rajnath said, and promised there would be no discrimination on the basis of politics.
Referring to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s speech on Independence Day, Singh said, “His vision is being appreciated everywhere. Instead of reading out a statement, he spoke extempore and whatever he had in his heart, he put it before the people of the country.”
The Union Minister recalled the announcing of schemes like insurance for poor, bank accounts for all, and concern for women’s security, and commended Modi for it.
“Within three months, India’s overall image has got a boost internationally. Those, who were not ready to give visa till yesterday, are now extending invitation,” he said, referring to the participation of heads of SAARC countries at Modi’s swearing-in ceremony, the decision to appoint an Indian as head of BRICS bank and US President Barack Obama’s invitation to the PM.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Rajnath said concrete steps were being taken to bring economy back on track, but it was not something which becomes evident in four or six months, as it takes at least one to two years.
On the issue of inflation, he said compared to the corresponding period last year, the rates have eased. Listing out plans for the development of Lucknow, his parliamentary constituency, Rajnath said Gomti Nagar railway station would be developed as a terminal of international standards, and a four-lane road would be constructed around the city for smooth traffic movement.
Reffering to MP’s Model Village Scheme announced by the PM, he said that a village would be selected soon in his constituency.
He also asked workers to identify one slum each in all the five Assembly segments in his parliamentary constituency where a community toilet would be constructed from MPLAD fund.
In a change from traditions, Rajnath welcomed workers with garlands and advised them to do politics of social service with patience, dedication and decency.