In an apparent attempt to garner support of Muslims ahead of Lok Sabha polls, BJP President and party nominee from Lucknow seat Rajnath Singh met prominent clerics of the community here.
Singh along with sitting MP Lalji Tandon and Mayor Dinesh Sharma last night met vice-president of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board Maulana Kalbe Sadiq and Maulana Kalbe Jawwad, Maulana Hameeudul Hassan, Maulana Yasoob Abbas and Maulana Khalid Rasheed Farangi Mahali, party sources said.
Talking about the meet, Tandon today said, “These are courtesy meetings. Every candidate meets prominent people of different sections of society and seek their support.”
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
He claimed there was no political discussion at the meet during which the clerics discussed problems faced by the Muslims and emphasised on the need for special opportunity for the community in the field of education.
Maulana Farangi Mahali said the meeting was held in a good atmosphere during which discussions took place on the issues related to Muslims.
He said Singh had old relations with his father and had been visiting him even when he was the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.