BJP president Rajnath Singh on Saturday filed his nomination papers from the prestigious Lucknow Lok Sabha seat in Uttar Pradesh.
Singh, who is a sitting MP from Ghaziabad, filed his nomination papers before the district magistrate and district elections officer Raj Shekhar.
The BJP president filed four set of papers proposed by Lucknow MP Lalji Tandon, city mayor Dinesh Sharma, former mayor S C Rai and senior counsel of the High Court, L P Misra.
Tandon and Rai had also been proposers of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee when he had contested from the seat.
Vajpayee represented the UP capital in Lok Sabha several times before he was forced by his poor health to opt out of public life.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Before filing his nomination, Singh took part in ‘puja’ at his residence and later in a ‘havan’ at BJP headquarters where he also addressed party workers.
In his brief address, Singh said that there is a wave in favour of the party in the country and “all workers need to work thinking of themselves as Rajnath Singh and exercise restraint.”
“We are going to form the government. You have to seek vote and support of every household visiting people of every caste and religion,” he added.