- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
Rajnath Singh files nomination from Lucknow
BJP president Rajnath Singh on Saturday filed his nomination papers from the prestigious Lucknow Lok Sabha seat in Uttar Pradesh.
Singh, who is a sitting MP from Ghaziabad, filed his nomination papers before the district magistrate and district elections officer Raj Shekhar.
The BJP president filed four set of papers proposed by Lucknow MP Lalji Tandon, city mayor Dinesh Sharma, former mayor S C Rai and senior counsel of the High Court, L P Misra.
Tandon and Rai had also been proposers of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee when he had contested from the seat.
Vajpayee represented the UP capital in Lok Sabha several times before he was forced by his poor health to opt out of public life.
Before filing his nomination, Singh took part in ‘puja’ at his residence and later in a ‘havan’ at BJP headquarters where he also addressed party workers.
In his brief address, Singh said that there is a wave in favour of the party in the country and “all workers need to work thinking of themselves as Rajnath Singh and exercise restraint.”
“We are going to form the government. You have to seek vote and support of every household visiting people of every caste and religion,” he added.