A day after BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi held discussions with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, party president Rajnath Singh Sunday met top Sangh leaders and was said to have assessed post-poll prospects of the saffron outfit.
Singh drove to local RSS office at Jhandelwalan here to meet Bhagwat’s deputy Bhaiyyaji Joshi and RSS pointsman for BJP Suresh Soni.
RSS joint general secretary Dattatreya Hosabale sought to play down Singh’s visit, terming it as an informal meeting. Sources, however, confided that the meeting was a note-exchanging exercise between BJP and RSS leadership at the end of electioneering for 16th Lok Sabha. Both the sides were learnt to have also discussed their respective assessment of the prospects of the BJP after the results.
The BJP chief, in fact, has thanked the RSS for extending the support of its cadres during the elections. Incidentally, Bhaiyyaji Joshi was entrusted by the RSS chief to coordinate matters among top BJP leadership following a controversy last June when party patriarch L K Advani resigned to protest Modi’s ascendancy within the party.
Apart from the BJP, elections hold significance for the RSS as well for the reason that it has publicly exhorted its cadres to work during the elections to help oust Congress-led government at the Centre. Party leaders and RSS sources admit that Sangh had most active participation during this election in comparison to the last few Lok Sabha polls. The election results, consequently, would also reflect upon RSS’s popular support across the country.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
BJP leaders — Murli Manohan Joshi, Modi and Singh — meetings with the top brass of RSS also holds significance in the wake of Sangh’s supremacy in arbitrating internal party decisions. With election results just days away, these meetings appear an attempt by the party leaders to apprise the RSS about various internal issues during the election campaign that might help the Sangh brokering BJP’s internal decision making after the counting of votes.