Singh also criticised Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for his remarks that it would be “disastrous” if Narendra Modi became the PM, and said that it was his tenure which had been a disaster while Gujarat had become a model state under Modi.
“I want to remind Sonia Gandhi that it was Manmohan Singh who had said that Muslims have the first right on India’s resources. If there is any party which takes decisions based on religious considerations, it is Congress. If there is any communal party, it is Congress,” Singh said while speaking at the National Council meet of the BJP.
He further added that it was Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, from her government, who spoke about “Hindu terror”.
Gandhi had in her speech at AICC meet on Friday said that opposition BJP’s ideology is divisive and communal.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Addressing party members, Singh said that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi was trying to appropriate credit for passage of Lokpal Bill though the legislation owed its existence to the efforts of social activist Anna Hazare and BJP leaders had also put pressure on the government.
The BJP president said that the Congress-led UPA government had failed to live-up to people’s expectations and the economy is in shambles.
He said Congress would want that a weak government comes to power at the Centre as a strong government under Modi could endanger its future.
“The governments provided by Narendra Modi in Gujarat, Shivraj Singh Chauhan in Madhya Pradesh and Raman Singh in Chhattisgarh have put a question mark over the Congress’ future in these states. The Congress fears that a strong government under Modi could do the same at the national level,” he said.
Singh said Modi had been a victim of propaganda to label him “communal” despite clean chit from courts and investigation agencies.