Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Monday kept everyone guessing about his possible return to the NDA. Even though LJP sources, on one hand, said that the talks about forming an alliance were on, the BJP rubbished it altogether.
“I’m not aware. There is no truth in the reports,” said BJP chief Rajnath Singh on the speculation that LJP was carrying out back-channel talks with his party. “If there’s an announcement, you will know”.
Rajnath Singh met party general secretary in-charge of Bihar Dharmendra Pradhan, senior leader Shahnawaj Hussain, state unit chief Mangal Pandey and leaders of opposition in state legislature Sushil Modi and Nandkishore Yadav along with party general secretary (ogranisation) Ramlal in the wake of overtures of alliance from the LJP and the reports of split in Lalu Prasad-led RJD in the state.
The BJP leaders were learnt to be wary of the fact that Paswan has kept distance from negotiations. Party leaders were learnt to be in the favour of guaging whether LJP was genuinely keen for a pre-poll alliance or using their negotiations as a bargaining chip against RJD-Congress to extract more seats. Sources said Singh has summoned state-level leaders to seek their opinion on the evoloving political situation and potential political realignments. LJP’s demand for 12 seats is another sticking point in the negotiations.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
However, Paswan’s son and the party’s parliamentary board chief Chirag Paswan said that the board would meet and formally decide on the matter soon.
Amidst this, the Congress indicated that Paswan was still in talks with key Congress leaders over seat sharing. The LJP apparently wants to contest in 10 seats, they said.