BJP President Rajnath Singh on Thursday congratulated the Gujarat Chief Minister for filing his nomination papers from Varanasi Lok Sabha seat and predicted a landslide victory for him in both the seats he is contesting.
“Heartiest congratulations and my best wishes to Narendra Modi on filing his nomination papers from Varanasi.
“Modiji contesting elections from Varanasi and Vadodara and both the cities have a capital V in the name. V also stands for ‘victory’ and I am confident about Narendra Bhai Modi’s landslide victory from both the seats,” he said.
Singh was here today to campaign for the party candidates in Kheda, Bharuch and Kuchch. Modi filed his nomination papers from Varanasi on Thursday invoking “Maa Ganga” to galvanise support in the Hindi heartland in his bid to steer to power.
Before filing the nomination from Varanasi, the second seat he is contesting besides Vadodara in Gujarat, BJP’s prime ministerial nominee literally took this ancient spiritual centre on the banks of Ganges by storm, with thousands of activists chanting “Modi, Modi, Modi” accompanied the 63-year -old on a three-hour long road show that wound through the streets of Varanasi braving blistering heat.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016