With Maharashtra Navnirman Sena president Raj Thackeray throwing his weight behind BJP’s PM nominee Narendra Modi, the plan to prop up the Third Front, mainly comprising fringe players in state politics, is delayed for now.
The Left Democratic Front comprising PWP, CPM, CPI, Satyashodhak Communist Party, JD(S), RPI (Khobragade), RPI (Secular) were exploring the option of a third alternative to Congress-NCP and Sena-BJP and were trying to get MNS on board.
“Leaders of the Peasants and Workers Party (PWP) and Jansurajya Shakti Party (JSP) Jayant Patil and Vinay Kore, and independent MLC Apurva Hiray had preliminary talks with Raj Thackeray in this regard,” PWP leader S V Deshmukh said in Mumbai on Tuesday.
“Even though our ideologies are different, we found the common ground in two of MNS’ issues like all-round development of the state and protecting the interests of Marathi-speaking people. These were the issues of Sanyukta (united) Maharashtra movement of which we were a part,” Deshmukh said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
However, with Raj pledging support to Modi and Communist parties not yet receiving nod from their Central leadership for stitching up an alliance with MNS, the formation of proposed Front is delayed.
“Jayant Patil will again hold talks with Raj and other leaders for clarity on this,” he said.
Deshmukh said PWP will contest Raigad, Maval and Kolhapur Lok Sabha seats and is also considering Latur and Osmanabad seats.