BJP leader Gopinath Munde said on Thursday that the Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) should not seek votes using name of Narendra Modi and thus mislead people in Maharashtra.
Munde’s statement came just a day after BJP president Rajnath Singh snubbed the MNS for using Modi’s name in its campaign, asking the MNS either to join the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) or merge with the BJP.
“The MNS should not use Modi’s name and mislead people while seeking votes for its candidates”, Munde told reporters here in reply to a question.
Raj Thackeray has made a public statement that would be MNS MPs would support Modi for prime ministership after Lok Sabha elections. The BJP leader said that he and former party president Nitin Gadkari had tried to bring Shiv Sena President Uddhav Thackeray and Raj Thackeray together, but it proved to be a futile exercise.
He said that a vote for the MNS would amount to supporting the Congress. Meanwhile, Maharashtra BJP President Devendra Fadnavis told reporters on Friday that names of over one lakh voters from Sangli district had been included in voters’ lists from slum colonies in the Pune Lok Sabha constituency. The BJP had filed a complaint with the Election Commission, he said. Anil Shirole, the BJP candidate contesting the Pune seat is pitted against Congress nominee Vishwajeet Kadam who hails from Sangli.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More