Seeking to debunk Narendra Modi’s ‘lofty’ assertions about fighting terrorism, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi today alleged that the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate was triggering anger by “telling lies”.
“Official figures show that 22,000 people died due to terrorism during the five year rule of NDA which was 800 during the five year period of Congress-led UPA,” Gandhi told an election rally here.
Accusing Modi and BJP of ‘triggering anger’ by telling “lies”, Gandhi said “They criticize us for failing to fight terrorism and protect the honor of soldiers and say they will show how to fight against terrorism.”
The Congress vice president claimed that ever since he ‘exposed the myth’ of the Gujarat model of development, Modi had stopped talking about it. While the Congress, he said, thought about all classes of people, for the BJP “the nation belongs to one religion, caste or two-three businessmen.”
Gandhi said that Modi’s ‘tall promises’ of empowering women and laying the blueprint for economic development of the country was no better than the NDA government’s ‘Indian Shining’ slogan.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Electrification of villages by the UPA government was two times more than during NDA rule, he said. Reeling out comparative statistics about NDA and UPA regimes, he said that the UPA government constructed almost three times more roads than NDA.
The Congress leader also criticized Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for failing to utilize funds sent by the Centre for the
welfare of poor.
Giving a message of Congress-RJD unity, Gopalganj RJD district president Reyazul Haque was present on the dais with