In a veiled attack on Narendra Modi, Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday said the BJP wants to vest power in the hands of “one person”, and asserted that his party will drive out BJP like it forced out Britishers from India.
“It is not one person but crores of people who run the country. We want to empower you but BJP wants to hand over power to one man,” Rahul said, addressing a public rally here.
”BJP leaders who call themselves Hindu haven’t read the Gita. Had they opened it, they would have realised that Congress party is not just an organisation but an ideology and no one can touch it,” he said.
“Those who tried to erase that ideology were driven out of the country. It was not the Congress but its ideology which defeated the British. The way Congress drove Britishers out with love, in the same way, Congress will drive out BJP,” he said.
The Congress leader also launched a veiled attack on BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, saying “in Gujarat, three corrupt ministers are sitting in the Cabinet but their leader doesn’t see corruption.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“They (BJP) speak of corruption but when their CM goes to jail in Karnataka, they don’t see corruption,” Rahul said.
“It was BJP which tired to stall the Lokpal Bill,” he said.
“During the UPA regime, the number of roads built was three times bigger than during the NDA regime,” Rahul said, speaking of the achievements of the Congress-led government at the Centre. “Our opponents do not know India’s history,” he said.