In a veiled attack on Narendra Modi, Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday said the BJP wants to vest power in the hands of “one person”, and asserted that his party will drive out BJP like it forced out Britishers from India.
“It is not one person but crores of people who run the country. We want to empower you but BJP wants to hand over power to one man,” Rahul said, addressing a public rally here.
”BJP leaders who call themselves Hindu haven’t read the Gita. Had they opened it, they would have realised that Congress party is not just an organisation but an ideology and no one can touch it,” he said.
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
“Those who tried to erase that ideology were driven out of the country. It was not the Congress but its ideology which defeated the British. The way Congress drove Britishers out with love, in the same way, Congress will drive out BJP,” he said.
The Congress leader also launched a veiled attack on BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, saying “in Gujarat, three corrupt ministers are sitting in the Cabinet but their leader doesn’t see corruption.”
“They (BJP) speak of corruption but when their CM goes to jail in Karnataka, they don’t see corruption,” Rahul said.
“It was BJP which tired to stall the Lokpal Bill,” he said.
“During the UPA regime, the number of roads built was three times bigger than during the NDA regime,” Rahul said, speaking of the achievements of the Congress-led government at the Centre. “Our opponents do not know India’s history,” he said.