BJP on Tuesday targeted Rahul Gandhi for accusing Narendra Modi of favouring few industrialists and raising questions over development model of Gujarat and said the “insulated” Congress Vice President has poor knowledge of ground realities as he lives in a “cocoon”.
BJP said Rahul was trying to malign Modi’s image through “baseless” and “false” data as the party came out with point-by-point response to the issues raised by the Congress leader.
Party spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi termed as baseless the contention of Rahul that Modi only favours a few industrialists and does not care for people of Gujarat.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“It shows poor knowledge of an insulated leader who does not know the ground realities,” she said, while claiming that Gujarat government has done tremendously well in social welfare.
“Rahul Gandhi has little knowledge about India and its states…He lives a cocoon life and never tried to put his basics right…Rahul is only plotting stories to malign the image of Narendra Modi by giving false data,” she said.
Lekhi contended that Rahul was wrong on facts when he accused Modi of giving land to industrialist Gautam Adani at “throwaway” prices as also about non-existence of Lokayukta and RTI Commissioner in Gujarat and unemployment of 27000 crore in the state.
“These errors are shameful but also alarming, because these are the leaders in Congress who are claimants for power at the centre,” she said.