Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Kumar Vishwas on Thursday slammed Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi for his remark that his father Rajiv Gandhi was being denied justice, saying it was a “drama” to divert people’s attention from core issues like corruption.
“Congress is in power since the past 10 years at the Centre and Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi are running the government from 10 Janpath… if justice is not being done to the former prime minister who is responsible for it?” Vishwas, who will challenge the Gandhi scion from Amethi in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, said.
On Wednesday, while addressing a gathering at Purab village in Jagdishpur, Rahul had said, “If some person kills the Prime Minister and is released then how will a common man get justice?”
Vishwas claimed it was all “drama” to divert people’s attention from core issues of corruption, inflation, women security and voters would teach Congress a lesson.
He said people of the constituency are facing immense hardships due to lack of basics facilities like power, roads, potable water, irrigation facilities and Rahul has not yet given the details of Rs 55,000 crore budget for Amethi.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Both mother and son have shown no reluctance in murdering the dreams of Rajiv Gandhi and Rae Bareli and Amethi (their constituencies) are its example,” the AAP leader said.
“The statue of Rajiv Gandhi here is lying uncared for and there is garbage all around but Rahul Gandhi cannot see it,” Vishwas claimed.
Alleging that Rahul has scoffed at the poor and gets busy in unveiling plaques of schemes during elections which are uprooted after polls, Vishwas said the institutes which have been set up here have not benefited the unemployed.