Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Kumar Vishwas on Thursday slammed Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi for his remark that his father Rajiv Gandhi was being denied justice, saying it was a “drama” to divert people’s attention from core issues like corruption.
“Congress is in power since the past 10 years at the Centre and Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi are running the government from 10 Janpath… if justice is not being done to the former prime minister who is responsible for it?” Vishwas, who will challenge the Gandhi scion from Amethi in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, said.
On Wednesday, while addressing a gathering at Purab village in Jagdishpur, Rahul had said, “If some person kills the Prime Minister and is released then how will a common man get justice?”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Vishwas claimed it was all “drama” to divert people’s attention from core issues of corruption, inflation, women security and voters would teach Congress a lesson.
He said people of the constituency are facing immense hardships due to lack of basics facilities like power, roads, potable water, irrigation facilities and Rahul has not yet given the details of Rs 55,000 crore budget for Amethi.
“Both mother and son have shown no reluctance in murdering the dreams of Rajiv Gandhi and Rae Bareli and Amethi (their constituencies) are its example,” the AAP leader said.
“The statue of Rajiv Gandhi here is lying uncared for and there is garbage all around but Rahul Gandhi cannot see it,” Vishwas claimed.
Alleging that Rahul has scoffed at the poor and gets busy in unveiling plaques of schemes during elections which are uprooted after polls, Vishwas said the institutes which have been set up here have not benefited the unemployed.