Rahul Gandhi’s immovable assets have shown a decline since 2009 but the value of total assets has doubled to Rs.9.4 crore in the last five years.
In the affidavit filed by him along with his nomination papers today, he has disclosed that the total value of his real estate assets (including the advance of Rs.6.8 crore paid on property) has increased from Rs.4.4 crore in 2009 to Rs.8.2 crore now, an increase of about 86 per cent.
The doubling of the total value of the assets from Rs.4.7 crore to Rs.9.4 crore has been primarily due to appreciation in property prices.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The number of real estate assets owned by Gandhi has declined since 2009 as he has sold the two shops he owned in a mall and exited another agricultural property in Haryana. He continues to own a share in the inherited farm in Sultanpur Village in Delhi.
The proceeds from the sale of the two shops have been used to make part payment on two office spaces.
The affidavit shows that Rahul does not own a car and as an SPG protectee he is required to travel in an SPG vehicle for security reasons.
Compared to many leaders across party lines, Rahul’s assets are modest and they have shown a modest increase in the last year years, according to sources close to the leader.