- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
Rahul Gandhi to campaign for Congress candidates in Bihar
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi will campaign for the party candidates in Bihar during the third phase of general elections, a party leader said today.
Gandhi will visit Bihar to campaign for the Congress candidates from Kishanganj, Purnia and Supaul parliamentary seats going to polls in the third phase on April 24, Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee Vice-President Prem Chandra Mishra
The Congress Vice-President’s itinerary in Bihar will be finalised in a couple of days, he said.
Gandhi visited Bihar on April 1 and campaigned for Nikhil Kumar, the Congress candidate from Aurangabad parliamentary
Mishra, however, maintained silence when asked whether Rahul Gandhi would share dias with RJD supremo Lalu Prasad during his forthcoming visit to Bihar for electioneering.
The BPCC Vice-President hit out at BJP prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi for refusal to commit himself on providing special status to Bihar, saying it reflected the “anti-Bihari mindset” of Modi.
He has offered to give special package to Bihar if the NDA government came to power, which the Congress has been doing for all these years of UPA rule, Mishra said and questioned the BJP leader’s right to seek votes from the
people of Bihar.
Meanwhile, in a boost to the Bihar Congress, Trinamool Congress Party’s state unit president Sanjeev Kumar Singh and his supporters joined the party at a function at Sadaqat Ashram.