Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Wednesday said Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi was more serious and concerned about problems of the state than BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
“When he came, Modi stayed here (in Assam) for less than three hours. Rahul Gandhi will spend more than 30 hours. So who is serious?
He (Gandhi) is more concerned to know the problems of Assam,” Gogoi told reporters here.
Gogoi informed that Gandhi was scheduled to pay a two-day visit to the state from February 25.
Modi had come to Guwahati, en route to Chennai from Imphal on the same day, to address a public rally on February 8. The Gujarat Chief Minister had come to the venue directly from the airport in the city and left immediately after his lecture.
“BJP is not serious about our issues. They only have lip sympathy. They do not have any love and care for Assam. The NDA government was the black chapter for the state,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Talking about Gandhi’s proposed Assam visit, the Chief Minister said the Rahul will have a meeting with senior journalists, followed by a public rally and an interaction with the students of Gauhati University.
In the next day, the Congress leader will hold a road show and will go to Diphu in Karbi Anglong to discuss various issues of the tribal district.
“Rahul Gandhi wants to see the rural Assam. That is why he will travel through the villages during his road show, not by the National Highway. He will meet the tribals, farmers and people from all communities to understand their grievances and problems,” Gogoi said.
“Rahul will again come to Assam for the second time, but the timing has not been fixed yet. He is giving more time with deep sincerity and commitment to address the problems of the state,” he added.
When asked about any possible reaction from different groups in Assam after the Parliament gave its consent to create a separate Telangana, Gogoi said demands for statehoods are sure to rise in coming days.
“…but we have been living together for so long. I don’t think it is going to affect our cordial relations in future,” he added.