BJP President Rajnath Singh on Thursday alleged that Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi lacked “proper political understanding”.
Addressing an election rally, accompanied by Bihar’s former deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, at the local Gandhi Maidan, where Rahul Gandhi had addressed a meeting on Tuesday, the BJP president said the Congress leader speaks without doing proper homework.
He said this contradicting Rahul’s claim that water reservoir project on river Koel and Hariyahi Dam for providing irrigation facilities to farmers remained incomplete even after several years due to the negligence of the state government.
The fact is that both these projects are of the Central government and they are accountable for their slow progress, Singh, who addressed the rally in Bhojpuri dialect, said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The BJP President referred to last year’s incidents of the killing of Indian soldiers posted at the Indo-Pakistan border and alleged that the UPA government had failed to provide protection to soldiers.
He also charged the UPA government with neglecting farmers and said the scene was not the same when he was agriculture minister in Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led government and had introduced an insurance scheme for farmers to protect them. Singh also compared the NDA-rule with that of the UPA’s regime and said that while the former had created over 6.7 crore jobs, it was merely 27 lakh during UPA’s 2004 to 2010 term.