With AAP leader Kumar Vishwas throwing an open challenge to him, Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday said the Congress does not talk but act and in an affectionate gesture invited an old woman to be seated beside him in his car during his visit.
Rahul’s indirect jibe at AAP came even as Vishwas sharpened his attack on the Congress vice president, saying he was in Amethi on a “political picnic” and not to share the “pain” of the people.
Vishwas is likely to contest from Amethi in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, which is the constituency of Rahul.
Rahul arrived in Amethi along with his sister Priyanka Vadra on a two-day tour on his first visit after he was made the Congress campaign chief for the Lok Sabha elections. After arriving at Fursatganj on Wednesday evening, he walked a little distance on road and met people near the airport.
He later invited an old woman to join him as he left the airport with his sister seated in the car behind.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The woman, who hailed from Rampur, said Rahul had stayed in her house to which the Congress leader, who nodded, said his relationship with her is old.
“We don’t believe in such things…our habit is to deliver,” said Rahul, in a brief chat with newspersons, responsing to a question regarding dharna by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
“A good ambience is out here in Amethi. I have an old relationship with the people of Amethi,” he said, adding, “Amethi is like my home and it is my family”.
Rahul said the party has done good work for the benefit of thousands of women and also in the development of national highways.
He, however, admitted that one thing which has been lacking in Amethi is electricity and roads barring national highways.
“We have faced difficulties on these issues as these fall under the jurisdiction of the state government,” Rahul said.
Rahul said that despite funds provided by the Centre to the Uttar Pradesh government the development of power sector in the state and in Amethi is not upto the mark.
He also said some more developmental works are being executed for which he had come to inaugurate.
Vishwas has been repeatedly targeting Rahul, saying he has done nothing for Amethi.
Around 100 people led by one Reeta Singh waved black flags and raised slogans when Rahul’s motorcade was passing through the dusty roads.
“Rahul is not coming to feel the pain of the people, but he is here on a political picnic. The people of Amethi are feeling cheated,” Vishwas told reporters in Amethi, hours before the Gandhi scion landed at Fursatganj airport.
“The common man needs a reply from Rahul. He should tell us when and where we can meet him.
“We want to talk to him. He must tell us what works are being done in villages.”