Congress on Friday backed party vice president Rahul Gandhi calling him the “fittest” leader for every responsibility, amid a lookout for its leader in the Lok Sabha.
“He (Rahul) is the fittest leader for every responsibility which the party or the country will assign him,” party general secretary Shakeel Ahmed said.
As the blame-game continued in the party over its worst poll drubbing, Ahmed rejected contentions that party leaders are questioning the leadership of the Congress vice president. “There is no attack on Rahul Gandhi by any Congress leader. It is your imagination. It is not an attack on him,” Ahmed said when asked about party leader Milind Deora’s remarks about the reasons for party’s failure in the just concluded Lok Sabha polls.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Deora had said that Rahul Gandhi’s advisers did not have their “ears to the ground” and those with “no electoral experience were calling the shots”, and added that “the people who take the advice also have to bear responsibility”. Ahmed said the Congress President as well as its Vice President have publicly accepted their responsibility.
“Even in Congress Working Committee, both of them offered their resignation, which we rejected unanimously. When Rahul has already accepted responsibility, I do not think any further discussion is needed,” he said.