Congress on Friday backed party vice president Rahul Gandhi calling him the “fittest” leader for every responsibility, amid a lookout for its leader in the Lok Sabha.
“He (Rahul) is the fittest leader for every responsibility which the party or the country will assign him,” party general secretary Shakeel Ahmed said.
As the blame-game continued in the party over its worst poll drubbing, Ahmed rejected contentions that party leaders are questioning the leadership of the Congress vice president. “There is no attack on Rahul Gandhi by any Congress leader. It is your imagination. It is not an attack on him,” Ahmed said when asked about party leader Milind Deora’s remarks about the reasons for party’s failure in the just concluded Lok Sabha polls.
Deora had said that Rahul Gandhi’s advisers did not have their “ears to the ground” and those with “no electoral experience were calling the shots”, and added that “the people who take the advice also have to bear responsibility”. Ahmed said the Congress President as well as its Vice President have publicly accepted their responsibility.
“Even in Congress Working Committee, both of them offered their resignation, which we rejected unanimously. When Rahul has already accepted responsibility, I do not think any further discussion is needed,” he said.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation