Terming it as a “destructive” and “divisive” model, she said, “Hey Bhagwan, desh ko iss model se bachao (God, please save the country from this model).” She also accused the BJP of promoting “politics of hatred and fanaticism”.
Addressing a rally in Barnala, she said, “BJP’s chief campaigner is selling Modi model in the name of Gujarat. What is happening in Gujarat under this model? Sikhs living there for the past 50 years are being forced to leave the state.”
Targeting the Gujarat government’s claims of development, Sonia said people in the state did not have access to potable water, every second child below five years was malnourished, and people with a daily income of Rs 11 were not included in the BPL list. She also said about 45,000 acres of land in Gujarat had been given to one businessman at a cheap rate.
Hitting out at the SAD-BJP government in Punjab, Sonia accused it of involvement “in all wrong trades, including drug smuggling, imposing goonda tax and illegal mining.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Badal sirf garajna jaante hain, barasna nahi. Wo sirf apni kursi bachana jaante hain (Badal only talks, but does not deliver. He only knows how to guard his chair),” she said. “We released crores for the state in the last 10 years. Ask your government where the money has been spent,” she said.
Addressing another rally in Rae Bareli, Sonia described the BJP as a “power hungry” party with “zalil vichar (disgraceful views)”. “BJP leaders are power hungry. They are ready to do anything to grab power. They sell lies,” she said.
“They (BJP men) themselves indulge in corruption and then talk about fighting it… Inke shabd aur vichar ashalil aur zaleel hote hain (Their words and thoughts are vulgar and disgraceful),” she said.
“Development is not possible only by lying. It requires farsightedness, dedication, compassion and a big heart… The people know that the party which always stood for them is Congress. The relation of love and trust is made when you become a real well-wisher of the people. Yehi meri rajneetik zindagi ki jamapoonji hai (this is what I have earned through my political life),” she said.
— with PTI