Accusing the Bharatiya Janata Party of raising hollow slogans about women dignity and their empowerment, All India Congress vice president Rahual Gandhi on Friday said that its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi even hesitates in taking the name of his wife.
Addressing a rally at Doda town, as part of his election campaign in Udhampur parliamentary constituency where Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad is in the poll fray, Rahul said that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has contested the elections earlier also, but he has never before filled up the column pertaining to his spouse. While there may be some reason behind it, the entire machinery of the Chief Minister and the Gujarat Police have now swung into action to belie the quote of a woman, he pointed out.
Modi, who contested four assembly elections in Gujarat since 2001, admitted for the first time that he has a wife and her name is Jashodaben. The acknowledgement follows a Supreme Court judgment and subsequent order by the Election Commission in September 2013 making it mandatory for candidates to fill in their affidavits fully.
Taking a jibe on BJP slogans about women empowerment and protecting their dignity, Rahul said that while ministers in its government in Karnataka were accused of committing atrocities on women, its legislators were caught watching porn in the Vidhan Sabha. He also referred to his visit to Chattisgarh, saying that he was told that 30,000 women had disappeared from there. Where those women have gone, he asked.
Not only this, the entire Gujarat Police got involved in snooping on a woman and still they bring out posters in Delhi talking of women dignity and their empowerment, Rahul said. What kind of empowerment and dignity is this, he asked.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Appealing people to vote for National Conference-Congress coalition candidates in the state, he said that BJP has nothing of its own. Even its election manifesto was a copy of the Congress, he added.